GUIDANCE FOR 4-H ACTIVITIES DURING COVID
Currently, 4-H is implementing the more restrictive COVID-19 guidance from the State, Contra Costa County, and UC ANR/4-H. If a 4-H volunteer or member is requesting to conduct or participate in any 4-H activity, S/He must do the following:
STEP 1 - Determine the type of meeting
Virtual Meeting: Skip to Step 2
In-Person Meeting: Verify your location will:
1. Allow a minimum of 3 feet between participants is required for indoor activities
2. Maintain 6 feet of distancing during times when members and volunteers are not masked due to eating or drinking.
STEP 2 - Submit Request
Must receive approval prior to 4-H activities from 4-H Staff. Any unauthorized 4-H activity will not be covered by 4-H insurance and the host(s) will be held responsible for any subsequent outcomes.
STEP 3 - After Approval
Once approval has been received for an In-Person or Vehicle-based Activity, download and print the following meeting resource items:
- Symptom Survey - Display at entrance to meeting.
- Attendance Log - Save for 15 days after meeting date.
- Procedures for 4-H Meetings during COVID-19 - Display this poster in the meeting.
For meetings with adults only, please print and post the signs about mask wearing.
Required for all Participants
These safety standards must be followed for all in-person 4-H activities:
- Do not participate in any in-person 4-H activities if you are sick or have COVID-19 symptoms or if you or someone you have been in contact with has been diagnosed with COVID-19. Symptoms include:
|Fever or chills||Cough||Shortness or difficulty breathing|
|Fatigue||Muscle or body aches||Headache|
|New loss of taste or smell||Sore throat||Congestion or runny nose|
|Nausea or vomiting||Diarrhea|
- Face Mask Use:
- Masks must always be worn indoors, and outside when physical distancing of a minimum of 6 feet cannot be maintained.
- Indoor Social Distancing:
- Wearing a mask and maintaining a minimum of 3 feet between participants is required for in-door activities. Maintain 6 feet of distancing during times when members and volunteers are not masked due to eating or drinking.
- Maintain hygiene practices.
- After each use, clean and disinfect workspaces and equipment, wash hands often, and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Food and beverage:
- Food and beverages are allowable IF there are pre-designated servers. At no time should participants help themselves. Maintain 6 feet of distancing during times when members and volunteers are not masked due to eating or drinking.