We are happy to announce Contra Costa County 4-H Summer Camp is back for 2023!
Camp Dates: Sunday, June 25 - Friday, June 30, 2023
Camp Cost: Staff ($400/check or $413/credit card), Camper ($450/check or $465/credit card), Chaperone ($0)
Fee waivers may be available from County Council for Contra Costa 4-H Members for up to 50% of camp registration cost (this does not include transportation, t-shirts, etc.). Fee waivers will be reimbursed after member returns from camp. Complete the Camp Fee Waiver Form by May 15, 2023 for consideration.
If you are attending from another county, please contact your local 4-H office for possible fee waiver availability.
Camp Cost Refund Policy: 100% refund until June 1. After June 1, No Refunds - Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.
To be on CAMP STAFF you must:
- Be an 8th grade graduate by June 2023.
- Attend monthly Camp Planning Meetings
- March 30, April 27, May 23 and June 15
- Attend at least 1 of the Staff Training Weekends.
- Date TBD
- Attend the entire Camp session
- Adhere to the Youth Member Code of Conduct
Camper Applications DUE: Friday, June 2, 2023 @ 9PM PT
STEP 1: Complete camper application
STEP 2: Complete 4hOnline Enrollment & Pay Enrollment Fee - if not an active 4-H member
STEP 3: Pay camp registration fee via credit card in camper application or mail in payment to UCCE 4-H Office (UCCE Contra Costa, 4-H YDP, Attn: Camp Registration, 2380 Bisso Lane, Suite B, Concord, CA 94520)
Camper Age Requirement: Campers must be at least 9 years old by June 1, 2023.
Campers must adhere to the Youth Code of Conduct at all times.
Additional Note: Campers must bring a cot to sleep on, we do not have raised platforms to sleep on like we had at Las Posadas and air mattresses will not work well on the ground.
Chaperones must be 25 years of age and complete the enrollment process required to be a 4-H volunteer, which includes online courses, Beginning 4-H for Volunteers Orientation and fingerprinting. Adults must complete First and CPR training. Any volunteers helping with any food service needs to complete a basic food safety course.
- Chaperone Application - Registration Closed
- Complete New Volunteer Appointment Process
- Submit 4-H Adult Volunteer Interest Survey
- Create profile in 4-H Online
- Complete New Volunteer courses in eXtension
- Register and attend the Beginning 4-H for Volunteers- Next session June 3, 2023 @10AM
- LiveScan services offered at Beginning 4-H for Volunteers
- Pay enrollment program fee
- FirstAidWeb Inc Online Training
- Food Safety Test Online (Servsafe Food Handler) $15
All Adult Volunteers must adhere to the Adult Volunteer Code of Conduct.
The Contra Costa County 4-H Summer Camp provides an outdoor setting for group living where young people can design a program to meet the needs of all youth. The camp experience will provide an opportunity for all participants to gain a deeper understanding of their relationships to their fellow man and the natural environment.
The core of the Contra Costa County 4-H camp education program is to empower young people to share as partners in decision making, camp planning and implementation, and camp leadership on a day-to-day basis.
Goals of Camp
* To provide opportunities to experience personal growth in self-confidence and self-esteem.
* To develop an awareness, appreciation and understanding of the natural environment, including a concern for conservation and stewardship.
* To develop new friends and create lasting friendships.
* To develop a program that makes fun a priority.
* To provide outstanding learning opportunities.
* To develop opportunities for everyone to learn and practice leadership skills.
* To model group living skills in a healthy and safe environment.
As in most 4-H activities, camp is run by teens, called "staffer", who start meeting in the fall to organize all the aspects of camp - everything from the food to the themes for the events. There is one teen staffer to every five youth (called campers). There are, of course, adult chaperones there as well (one for every ten campers) and a nurse on staff.
Campers take part in all the classic summer camp activities - hiking, arts and crafts, skits and songs around the campfire. Campers sleep outside under the stars- girls on one side, boys on the other. Each side has its own bathrooms and shower.
Donate to Contra Costa 4-H Camp
When donating, please indicate "Contra Costa 4-H" and type "Contra Costa 4-H Camp" in the comment box.