SAVE THE DATE!
FOOD FIESTA FOR THE 2022-2023 PROGRAM YEAR WILL BE HELD SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2023.
BELOW INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED AS AVAILABLE.
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY 4-H FOOD FIESTA
PICNIC IN THE PARK
SATURDAY, MARCH 26, 2022
Pavillion area at Martinez Waterfront Park
9:00AM - 1:00PM
What is Food Fiesta?
Food Fiesta is a fun and exciting time for all 4-H members to show off their culinary skills, presentation skills and knowledge.
Event Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility and Official Rules
Open to all current 4-H members in good standing. Members do NOT have to be enrolled in a Food Related Project to enter.
Age on December 31, 2021:
- Primary Member: 5-8 years old (receive participation ribbons only)
- Jr. Member 9-10 years old
- Intermediate Member 11-13 years old
- Senior Member 14-19 years old
Click the link below for event information and rules:
You may enter one item per category:
- Picnic Platters - Not just decorated baked good items such as cakes, cookies and cupcakes are invited to this picnic but also charcuterie boards and fruit & veggie platters too! This is an opportunity to showcase your artistic decorating skills. Items in this category will only be evaluated on outward
appearance. Baked goods do not have to be edible.
- Refreshers - Make your best lemonade, fruity punch, hand crafted cold brew or a refreshing iced tea! This is NEW to Food Fiesta and we are eager to see what refreshments you would serve at your picnic in the park. These are kid friendly drinks only!
- Finger Foods - Let your imagination run wild! Main dishes made for sharing and enjoying outside in the sun. Examples may be kabobs, burgers, sandwiches, chicken or ribs, etc.
- Salads & Sides - Hot or cold picnic faire. Beans, mac & cheese, potato salad, dips, etc. Make sure
to use extra caution with mayo-based dressings and sunshine.
- Sweet Treats - This category is for all of the sweet tooth's! Show us your creative picnic desserts;
cakes, pies, cookies, bars.
- Place Setting - Any theme! If you are also competing with food, you do not need to keep the same theme as your picnic area. Evaluating will be separate. Use your imagination and have fun! A 2 foot by 2 foot space will be provided for each individual place setting on a stationary table away from your picnic blanket.