Presentation Day Details
Our priority is ensuring the safety of young people in the 4-H program, their families, and community. Therefore, we have decided to move to a virtual format for this year's county Presentation Day.
Community Service Activity - During the County Presentation Day Event, any youth members or adult volunteers may join the ZOOM link into the main room and complete thank you notes and/or coloring pages for local Veterans.
These messages will be given to more than 400 homeless and low-income Veterans at the Operation Standdown event this summer. Members and Volunteers may choose to submit their personal notes of thanks digitally, or they may mail their thanks to us to be included. There will be Coloring Pages that can be digitally colored (we will print to include) or printed and colored by hand and mailed. Each of our kind words may make a world of difference to someone in need. A link will be available for more information at the Awards Ceremony as well.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- 4-H senior division members (Age 14 of as December 31, 2020)
- Experience with Zoom.us
- Attend a room host orientation on Thursday, February 25 at 6:30PM (Zoom link will be emailed separately)
- Become familiar with the CA 4-H Presentation Manual - Revised January 2021 (Especially Page 50)
- Become familiar with "Host" controls in Zoom.us
- Introduce the presenters and give the presenters any needed assistance
- Ask the evaluators if they are ready for the next presenter and then briefly introduce the presenter
- 4-H volunteer leader, 4-H staff, 4-H members (older than 16 years of age and not giving a presentation), and people from other organizations with experience in public speaking.
- Watch the online tutorial 4-H Presentation Day Evaluator Orientation before the evaluator orientation.
- Attend an evaluator orientation on Thursday, February 25 @6:30PM (Zoom link will be emailed separately)
- Become familiar with the CA 4-H Presentation Manual - Revised January 2021
- Evaluate 6 presentations during one time slot (or sign-up for multiple time slots)
- Complete the digital evaluation form and provide written positive and constructive feedback to help each presenter improve.
Pre-register to participate. Registration closes on February 22nd at 5:00PM.
Regional and State Presentation Days
Members (9 years old and above) earning a blue or gold award at County Presentation Day qualify to present at Regional Presentation Day. Any 4-H member who has been awarded a blue or gold medal at Regional Presentation Day may compete with the same presentation for which the medal was awarded at State Presentation Day.
Regional Presentation Day - April 12 - 24, 2021
State Presentation Day - May 15 - 22, 2021